Materia Prime by Francisco Souto
Francisco Souto was born in Venezuela, and received his BFA from the Herron School of Art in 2000, and his MFA from the Ohio State University in 2002. He has participated in a wide range of national and international exhibitions throughout the United States, Europe, Venezuela, Russia, Egypt and Japan. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Art and Art History at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
He has taught workshops and has been a visiting artist in the US and Abroad including: Anderson Ranch Arts Center, Colorado; the Universidad de los Andes, Venezuela; American University in Cairo, Egypt; Academy of Fine Art Helsinki, Finland; University of Texas Austin; Museo Grabado, Zacatecas, Mexico, Columbus College of Art and Design. He has received many awards and grants and His work is in many important public and private collections in the US and abroad.
SELECTED MUSEUM AND PUBLIC COLLECTIONS
- National Taiwan Museum of Fine Art. R.O.C
- The National Museum of Art. Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Ino-Cho Paper Museum. Kochi. Japan.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art. Indiana.
- Blanton Museum of Art. Texas.
- Lakeview Museum of Art, Peoria, Illinois.
- The Bibliotheca Alexandrina. Egypt.
- Print Cabinet Mondial de L’estampe et de la Gravure Originale. France.
- Amity Art Foundation, Inc. Connecticut.
- Museo Grabado. Zacatecas, México.
- Sheldon Memorial Art Gallery. Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Stone and Press Gallery. Louisiana.
- Texas Tech University. Lubbock, Texas.
- Bradley University Collection, Peoria, Illinois.
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside. Wisconsin.
- Purdue University Galleries. Purdue, Indiana.
- University of Dallas. Texas.
- Sprint Corporate Art Collection. Seattle, Washington.
- Irwin Library, Butler University. Indiana.